I like to brew wine; It's only a hobby but I'm obsessed!
This is the place to be if you want to see what another brewer is up to or want some encouragement to start or diversify. I've posted heaps of recipes (clicky) and 2 wine-making vids (here for wine made from cartons of juice blog / youtube, and here for Blackberry wine on the pulp blog / youtube).
If you're new here then do explore, take this link for tips about where to find what you're interested in.


Wednesday 22 December 2010

Busy Times & a Cold

Grrrrrr, got another cold and having felt it coming on for a few days I've been reluctant to get out into the cold and find some bottles. So now I'm short on bottles and have a long list of folks I want to give bottles of wine to for xmas.

Still I managed to get some done last night. The delicious Orange dessert wine was at it's end, only a half sized demi-john, a mere 3 bottles. Blending with Elderflower wine worked well earlier this year, so I repeated that and the result is 6 bottles of very tasty dessert wine @ 12.6% ABV. So two lucky folks are getting a bottle each. That left 3 bottles of Elderflower wine @ 11% ABV. This is the Elderflower version brewed the more traditional way with lots of flowers added at primary stage of fermentation. I think I still prefer the result of this method, rather than a quickie method. 'Tho there really isn't much difference in quality.

If I feel a little better later on I'll bottle some more of the uber Blueberry & Cranberry Rosé for gifts. Then I'll have to find some empties.

Apologies for the gaps in posting this last month, normal activity levels will return next year .... I need to make big batches of Orange wine, Tanglefoot and Green Tea & Ginger ... All of which means lots of good piccies and more as these are very hands on wines to make. Lot's of chopping, squeezing, peeling, zesting, simmering, steeping, muslin bags etc etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Counters
Lamps Plus Lighting