I like to brew wine; It's only a hobby but I'm obsessed!
This is the place to be if you want to see what another brewer is up to or want some encouragement to start or diversify. I've posted heaps of recipes (clicky) and 2 wine-making vids (here for wine made from cartons of juice blog / youtube, and here for Blackberry wine on the pulp blog / youtube).
If you're new here then do explore, take this link for tips about where to find what you're interested in.


Wednesday 31 August 2011

2 weeks of silence

Just to let you brewers know that I haven't given up on the blog. I've been staycationing for a couple of weeks ... and jolly good it was too! Normal brewing related content will resume soon. It seems that my 2 weeks away have caused me to miss my annual blackberry forage for a few more gallons of delicious wine. A bit sad but I'm sure I'll still find a way to fill up my fermenting vessels, even if it means visiting the local farm shop to buy up a heap of frozen berries!

On returning from being away I found the apple wine has thrown a nice sediment, tho it still has some way to go before clearing. The apple and grape-juice wine likewise. The blackberry wine ... can't say cos I don't want to pop the lid until I have some spare demi-johns to rack it into. These things will likely take up the content of the next post or two.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the rose wine last Sunday. It was delicious. The rose scent was very subtle and it went down a treat. K xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad you like it,hope the other half enjoyed it too. just about to tuck into some myself. xx

    ReplyDelete

 

Counters
Lamps Plus Lighting