I like to brew wine; It's only a hobby but I'm obsessed!
This is the place to be if you want to see what another brewer is up to or want some encouragement to start or diversify. I've posted heaps of recipes (clicky) and 2 wine-making vids (here for wine made from cartons of juice blog / youtube, and here for Blackberry wine on the pulp blog / youtube).
If you're new here then do explore, take this link for tips about where to find what you're interested in.


Tuesday 13 December 2011

Update on Apple & Grape Juice quickie

So, some time has passed since I had the first sample of the apple & grape juice quickie wine. Then it was complex and not a pleasure. Now it has rounded and is ok in terms of quality, but it is probably going to be one that has the marmite factor. There is a taste of corn about it, not overpowering but definitely there. The flavour of apples lingers long as an aftertaste. The colour is something else, delicate straw/pink, and its clarity is ok too.

Would I do it again, yes. It was great fun doing the picking, pulping, pressing etc. But I need to investigate the strange corn taste. So far my googling hasn't yielded anything very useful, the most likely contender being Dimethyl Sulphide, but it only fits this in one regard so i'm not sure that I've nailed it. The good news is that the wine is young, so time may come to the rescue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Counters
Lamps Plus Lighting