I like to brew wine; It's only a hobby but I'm obsessed!
This is the place to be if you want to see what another brewer is up to or want some encouragement to start or diversify. I've posted heaps of recipes (clicky) and 2 wine-making vids (here for wine made from cartons of juice blog / youtube, and here for Blackberry wine on the pulp blog / youtube).
If you're new here then do explore, take this link for tips about where to find what you're interested in.


Monday 17 June 2013

I'm for Hire

After my Aussie travel adventures, especially after doing a workshop on brewing, I have been encouraged to take action towards a desired end. I've long fancied doing short courses, workshops or tutoring of home-made wine making. So I've started.

... So I'm going to "plug" myself for the first time. I won't do it again, instead I'll add a static page for those who are interested. But it's time I did something rather than waiting to get my words, prices etc perfect. This is that something.

If you're in the Essex area (U.K) then Chelmsford should be within reach. On the 20th and 27th of this month I'll be at The Ideas Hub 2, from 6.00 til 8.00 pm. I'll be hosting a very informal gathering for people want to start brewing or are keen to improve. It's a beginners and improvers thing. The cost is £10.00 pp for non members of the hub, and £8.00 for members.

The Idea's Hub 2 is in High Chelmer shopping Centre, opposite Greggs. If you live in Essex, especially Chelmsford, and you like my blog, then you'll like the Idea's Hub. And you can find out more about them here if you're on facebook. I'll try to find another link for those who are allergic to facebook.

So, these sessions will be very informal and chatty. Something like 2 hours of Q&A and discussion. I'll bring some wines to sample, tho be warned it is only a sample. What you're paying for is my time and the Hub's facilities. It's illegal to sell homebrew without a licence, I don't have a licence and I don't sell it. I also know that HMRC know all the tricks like bartering, raffling, selling novelty bottles with free contents. I just don't go there, it's not worth it, I like brewing too much to needlessly break the law. You're more than welcome to bring along your own creations of course!

I will absolutely be spilling the beans on everything I know that you ask me about. You know I don't hold back on my blog. If I know a tip, trip, simplification etc then I share it. I reckon I'll also be able to drop a little wonder on you, and raise a chuckle from time to time.

If you read my blog and haven't met me then I reckon I'd enjoy meeting you. Which takes me onto the next thing. I'm also happy to travel to your place and give a tutorial or workshop. I need to earn a living wage and cover my expenses so you my want to gather a group together to share the cost. I'm based in Essex (UK) so you can work out if it's reasonable for me to require overnight accommodation. If you read my blog and think "I must do that one day" but haven't then this may be what it takes. I'll buy in all the kit you need, and ingredients to get started. I'll charge you cost price + expenses for that, so no profit for me. You'll only pay for my workshop/tutorial on getting your first brew started. And if I have a friend nearby, and some good surf, then I'll probably be able to do a special deal to return a few days later.

As for my fee, well this is a new thing for me. Let's haggle, and barter too if you like. There's loads of things I need if you have skills but no cash. Leave a message below this post, with your email address. I won't publish it but will contact you.

It may not come over in my blog, but I empathise with those who want to brew naturally and achieve quality. So if this is you then I'm sure we can get you making great wine in your style. It may take a little more trial and error, but I'd love the experience ... you could barter with strength if this is you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Counters
Lamps Plus Lighting