I like to brew wine; It's only a hobby but I'm obsessed!
This is the place to be if you want to see what another brewer is up to or want some encouragement to start or diversify. I've posted heaps of recipes (clicky) and 2 wine-making vids (here for wine made from cartons of juice blog / youtube, and here for Blackberry wine on the pulp blog / youtube).
If you're new here then do explore, take this link for tips about where to find what you're interested in.


Monday 9 December 2013

Something to be Aware of

Yeast talk: GV D is now GV11

A few months ago i tried to buy Gervin D yeast (GV D). This is the acid reducing yeast that i'm very fond of. The label has changed, but i'm assured the yeast has not. It's now known as Gervin 11 (GV11). However it no longer says that it's malic acid reducing on the label. I guess that means we can all look like we have the uber smarts if we have this little nugget of unpublicised information. How exciting! OK, that's very homebrew geekery! Muntons assure me (by email) that all their other Gervin yeasts have the same labels as before. I'll try to update my "index" page, but i may miss one or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Counters
Lamps Plus Lighting