I like to brew wine; It's only a hobby but I'm obsessed!
This is the place to be if you want to see what another brewer is up to or want some encouragement to start or diversify. I've posted heaps of recipes (clicky) and 2 wine-making vids (here for wine made from cartons of juice blog / youtube, and here for Blackberry wine on the pulp blog / youtube).
If you're new here then do explore, take this link for tips about where to find what you're interested in.


Wednesday 1 June 2011

More Elderflower Foraging

So we got a little rain, and then sunshine, and so I went Elderflower foraging and came home with a little haul of a few litres that smell just divine. There were still flowers yet to open, so it's still not too late to start that brew, but get your skates on. There were also plenty of sprays that have got berries started.

The flowers I collected are in tied plastic bags, have been so since yesterday evening. Later tonight I'll shake them up for a while and get them into muslin bags (minus the stalks that will only make your wine taste awful). Then  the brew that's on the go will be ready for them, its gravity has dropped to around 1025 I think, and the fermentation is quite gentle now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Counters
Lamps Plus Lighting