I like to brew wine; It's only a hobby but I'm obsessed!
This is the place to be if you want to see what another brewer is up to or want some encouragement to start or diversify. I've posted heaps of recipes (clicky) and 2 wine-making vids (here for wine made from cartons of juice blog / youtube, and here for Blackberry wine on the pulp blog / youtube).
If you're new here then do explore, take this link for tips about where to find what you're interested in.


Monday 3 October 2011

Did Someone Say Elderberries?

I heard that, and I want to give you all pictures cos I feel bad for not posting for ages.

So here is something totally unremarkable (but i'll soon be posting on Ginger and Lemon Grass wine, and that is remarkable). A picture of 3kg of Elderberries that myself and my better half picked. all washed, plucked from their stems, and bagged up and frozen.



Not sure what I'll do with them. I don't think i'll do pure elderberry cos i missed so many blackberries this year a nice home-made red will be a rarity next year. So I think I'll probably go to the farm shop and buy some frozen blackberries, or maybe a big mix of berries, and make a berry wine with less than 50% elderberries by weight. This should mean it's ready in a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Counters
Lamps Plus Lighting