I like to brew wine; It's only a hobby but I'm obsessed!
This is the place to be if you want to see what another brewer is up to or want some encouragement to start or diversify. I've posted heaps of recipes (clicky) and 2 wine-making vids (here for wine made from cartons of juice blog / youtube, and here for Blackberry wine on the pulp blog / youtube).
If you're new here then do explore, take this link for tips about where to find what you're interested in.


Monday 3 October 2011

Various Little Updates

One post without piccies, and then more piccies ...

I've racked the Apple and Grape Juice Wine. The one made with apples collected from the community orchard and pressed by your's truly, with the help of friends. Also racked and degassed the Apple wine, same source for apples.

The former was meant to be a quickie, ready to drink in about 8 weeks. Alas, it is an uncharacteristic quickie wine, it may be ready to drink by xmas. But right now it's a complex mess that needs time.

The latter, the one I thought would take about year to come good, well it taste's amazing! And will be ready to drink at xmas. Tho I don't want to tell people because it's so promising that it deserves a year and could become a very special wine indeed. It is medium, possibly medium sweet. I can't see that changing much. Oozes apple flavour, nice body. That's all I could notice from a single sip. But I think acidity and astringency are in balance. I wonder what it'll turn out like? A subtle Apfelkorn would be wonderful.

Also racked this year's Blackberry wine, and that is tasting very good too. Big body for blackberry and you can tell it's Blackberry, delicious flavour. Tempting to tuck in but really, no matter how good it tastes now, it will taste so much better in a six months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Counters
Lamps Plus Lighting