I like to brew wine; It's only a hobby but I'm obsessed!
This is the place to be if you want to see what another brewer is up to or want some encouragement to start or diversify. I've posted heaps of recipes (clicky) and 2 wine-making vids (here for wine made from cartons of juice blog / youtube, and here for Blackberry wine on the pulp blog / youtube).
If you're new here then do explore, take this link for tips about where to find what you're interested in.


Tuesday 8 February 2011

Update and Stuff

So the Green Tea & Ginger wine is coming along just fine. On the 1st, yikes that's a whole week ago - sorry -, I moved the wine to secondary. Normally I would have taken out all the solids at this stage, but I only took the tea out. Can't explain it, just felt like leaving the sultanas and ginger and zest in. Sunday, some 5 days later, I took out the rest of the solids.

In between making it up as i went along we had dinner with mates. 3 bottles of wine came to the table. Orange & Elderflower, Blackberry & Elderberry and also Blueberry & Cranberry. They were drunk in that order and then having drunk 3 wines it was easy to get some cool feedback by asking which one worked.
Orange & Elderflower was a hit with one mate, and a close second best with the other
The Blackberry & Elderberry was a slight favourite with one and a clear 2nd best with the other.
As for me I liked the Blackberry & Elderberry best.

I got a bit lucky serving up the least favourite wine first then! Because it went down fine, and truth be told it is a perfectly good table wine. It was very pleasing that the "good stuff" was appreciated most tho.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Counters
Lamps Plus Lighting