I like to brew wine; It's only a hobby but I'm obsessed!
This is the place to be if you want to see what another brewer is up to or want some encouragement to start or diversify. I've posted heaps of recipes (clicky) and 2 wine-making vids (here for wine made from cartons of juice blog / youtube, and here for Blackberry wine on the pulp blog / youtube).
If you're new here then do explore, take this link for tips about where to find what you're interested in.


Friday 17 September 2010

Fining

I've been patient, but some wines I'm keen to try soon haven't cleared yet. So the finings had to come out. Which means I had to find 5 gallons of wine altogether otherwise I would be wasting some finings.

And the lucky wines were Original Elderflower (3 gallons) and Oaked Rosé (2 gallons)




The piccies are (L>R) Oaked Rosé (tartaric acid), Oaked Rosé (citric acid) and Cheapskate Rosé Light. Sorry about the grubby DJ's (the one on the left is very grubby which makes the wine look far more hazy than it actually is, it's only a little worse than the middle one in reality). So far the Cheapskate version is looking nice cos it doesn't need fining, but the most important thing by far is the taste. I'll post again with news of how fast they clear, and maybe even piccies too. No piccies for the Elderflower, believe me it's way cloudier, beyond a haze.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Counters
Lamps Plus Lighting