I like to brew wine; It's only a hobby but I'm obsessed!
This is the place to be if you want to see what another brewer is up to or want some encouragement to start or diversify. I've posted heaps of recipes (clicky) and 2 wine-making vids (here for wine made from cartons of juice blog / youtube, and here for Blackberry wine on the pulp blog / youtube).
If you're new here then do explore, take this link for tips about where to find what you're interested in.


Saturday 10 July 2010

Another Rosé

Apologies for the lack of posts ... good weather, good surf, bbq's ... what can I say.

Tonight I bottled a gallon of Blackberry & Elderberry Rosé. This was made from a 2nd run on the fruit after making the Blackberry & Elderberry Red. It's just over 10 months old and my patience couldn't hold out any longer. The good news is that it's not too young to drink.

I suppose some piccies would be good ...

This is the freshly filled bottles. No heat-shrink neck covers yet, and the bottles will stay standing for 24 - 48 hours before they get laid down. The small plastic one is for me ... now as I write this. The small glass one is for Mrs Critter Wine's special reserve. The rest are all for sharing.

The wine has plenty of body for a big Rosé, infact its not far off being a Red, which makes the Blackberry & Elderberry Red an exciting prospect. ABV is 12.8%. It's fruity, med/dry despite fermenting down to 0.991. Has a nice edge but is far from sharp, infact its surprisingly smooth and I wonder how, or if, it will improve with time?

There will be plenty more 2nd run Rosés with these fruits! Recipe will follow in time ... do prompt me if you feel impatient 'cos both blackberry and elderberry season will soon be upon us and you may want to know how I did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Counters
Lamps Plus Lighting