I like to brew wine; It's only a hobby but I'm obsessed!
This is the place to be if you want to see what another brewer is up to or want some encouragement to start or diversify. I've posted heaps of recipes (clicky) and 2 wine-making vids (here for wine made from cartons of juice blog / youtube, and here for Blackberry wine on the pulp blog / youtube).
If you're new here then do explore, take this link for tips about where to find what you're interested in.


Tuesday 13 July 2010

Quickie Elderflower Brew

The Quickie Elderflower wine is coming along nicely. It stopped fermenting a while ago and while I dilly-dallied about getting around to racking etc it has nearly cleared. Today I finally got around to racking and stabilising. There were 5 gallons in total, here's 4 of them.


It's tasting good too, and so it should do 'cos this is meant to be a quick one, I'm hoping it'll be ready in a couple of weeks (started 12th June). Tho I do expect it will improve noticeably over the subsequent 6 months or so.

So why did I want a quickie brew? I just love Elderflower wine and as it took me years to getting around to making it it still feels very new to me. The result is that the wine ends up getting rationed ... never a good thing! This year I hope we can enjoy a bottle whenever we fancy one and still have some left when next years brew is ready to drink. Without doing the quickie brew (late addition of flowers & light table wine style) it's all just too labour intensive to make an appreciable quantity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Counters
Lamps Plus Lighting