I like to brew wine; It's only a hobby but I'm obsessed!
This is the place to be if you want to see what another brewer is up to or want some encouragement to start or diversify. I've posted heaps of recipes (clicky) and 2 wine-making vids (here for wine made from cartons of juice blog / youtube, and here for Blackberry wine on the pulp blog / youtube).
If you're new here then do explore, take this link for tips about where to find what you're interested in.


Saturday 21 May 2011

Elderflower Forage

woohooo, 4 litres of elderflowers were shaken off the stems last night, and put into muslin bags and then put into the fermenting brew.

I remember in my early days of brewing i often wondered what the volume measurement of such things meant. is this squashed in, dropped in or what? It turns out that most folks measure the volume as lightly shaken down, this is what i have used.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Counters
Lamps Plus Lighting