I like to brew wine; It's only a hobby but I'm obsessed!
This is the place to be if you want to see what another brewer is up to or want some encouragement to start or diversify. I've posted heaps of recipes (clicky) and 2 wine-making vids (here for wine made from cartons of juice blog / youtube, and here for Blackberry wine on the pulp blog / youtube).
If you're new here then do explore, take this link for tips about where to find what you're interested in.


Wednesday 18 May 2011

Rose Petal Wine

Did I tell you, that brew I started that I called the base brew, that was going to become dandelion or gorse flower wine, well it turned into rose petal wine. I've updated the recipe with everything you need to know. Basically adding rose petals and grape tannin at secondary stage. And there are new piccies too, so go feast your eyes there.

The brew is now sitting in demi-johns, probably finished fermenting, the rose petals removed now. I'll be degassing and stabilising if the fermentation has indeed finished, which I'll know in a day or so.

Looking, well, not very nice eh, especially not with the uber clear wine sitting next to it, but fear not, it'll clear and be delicious, and hopefully we'll be drinking it in the autumn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Counters
Lamps Plus Lighting