I like to brew wine; It's only a hobby but I'm obsessed!
This is the place to be if you want to see what another brewer is up to or want some encouragement to start or diversify. I've posted heaps of recipes (clicky) and 2 wine-making vids (here for wine made from cartons of juice blog / youtube, and here for Blackberry wine on the pulp blog / youtube).
If you're new here then do explore, take this link for tips about where to find what you're interested in.


Thursday 19 May 2011

Elderfower Forage

Surely one of the best moments of the year for a home-brewer is when the elderflowers come out. I've just got in from picking, had to be a little selective as there were plenty of the "wrong" flowers out - they smell like cat pee. But nevertheless I got a good haul and the better half's face was a delight to behold when I got home with a couple bags of wonderful smelling flowers ... and I found a new spot for uber smelling flowers. As there were still plenty of flowers yet to open I'm very tempted to get another 5 gallons on the go and do another forage in a week or so.

so get yourself a base brew on the go and then get yourselves out there brewers, its far from too late to make yourselves a big batch of this delicious wine. It's as easy as pie and all the instruction you need is right here on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Counters
Lamps Plus Lighting