I like to brew wine; It's only a hobby but I'm obsessed!
This is the place to be if you want to see what another brewer is up to or want some encouragement to start or diversify. I've posted heaps of recipes (clicky) and 2 wine-making vids (here for wine made from cartons of juice blog / youtube, and here for Blackberry wine on the pulp blog / youtube).
If you're new here then do explore, take this link for tips about where to find what you're interested in.


Tuesday 25 May 2010

and the Glass Contains

earlier on we had Green Tea & Ginger with our smoked haddock chowder.

And when it all went quiet the 18 month old rosehip and cinnamon came out to play. It's fruity and warming. I think it will probably benefit from more time in the bottle, there's still 6+ left. Wish I could describe the flavour better but it kind of defies pinning down. The warmth comes from the ABV me thinks, around 14-15%. It tastes kind of like a rosé, perhaps no surprise, but is very smooth and rounded. Not very interesting, but acceptable. Probably too strong for it's quite delicate flavour. The cinnamon just isn't showing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Counters
Lamps Plus Lighting