I like to brew wine; It's only a hobby but I'm obsessed!
This is the place to be if you want to see what another brewer is up to or want some encouragement to start or diversify. I've posted heaps of recipes (clicky) and 2 wine-making vids (here for wine made from cartons of juice blog / youtube, and here for Blackberry wine on the pulp blog / youtube).
If you're new here then do explore, take this link for tips about where to find what you're interested in.


Tuesday 4 May 2010

What am I drinking

Tonight I'm enjoying the fruits of my labours. In my glass is a parsnip wine, it came from a batch of 3 gallons and this is only the 3rd bottle to be opened. I call mind Tanglefoot as that's the ancient name for it, well in the south of England it is anyway. It's not quite 6 months old. I have some left from last year's batch too, but that's now vintage by my standards, so only gets opened when I'm sharing.

Anyway this Tanglefoot is 13% ABV, clear as a bell and very nearly colourless. It's clean, crisp, dry and the flavour lingers. It has notes of ginger and citrus fruit and zest too ... hmmm that would be cos I added small quantities of each of then! The flavour that comes through from the parsnip is subtle, very subtle, but is a bit earthy and a bit radish, or perhaps grassy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Counters
Lamps Plus Lighting