I like to brew wine; It's only a hobby but I'm obsessed!
This is the place to be if you want to see what another brewer is up to or want some encouragement to start or diversify. I've posted heaps of recipes (clicky) and 2 wine-making vids (here for wine made from cartons of juice blog / youtube, and here for Blackberry wine on the pulp blog / youtube).
If you're new here then do explore, take this link for tips about where to find what you're interested in.


Wednesday 12 May 2010

How to Make a Ponce Rant

Since starting this blog my chatty style on a forum or two has stopped. A couple of days ago I posted the names of 2 bottles that me and my better half enjoyed the night before. Just year, vineyard/estate and style. Nothing else (it was in the thread for what you're drinking at the moment - home-brewed or commercial, not even limited to wine, nor alcoholic drinks). I was amused to see a rant follow, about how supermarket wines are so dull and how they give licence to "know nothings" to pretend to know something.

I'm not ashamed of my budget, nor of my tastes, and the fact that I know much more about homebrew than commercial wines doesn't bother me either. So our 4 year old Aussie shiraz and our older oaked Spanish red have lingering good memories. Perhaps I should have said that I liked them - especially at around £5/bottle. Then again that would be admitting to knowing something, even if it is simply my own taste, and would only rile the ponces further.

I mean, how I dare I enjoy £5 bottles of wines and join in naming them with other like minded brewers on the forum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Counters
Lamps Plus Lighting