I like to brew wine; It's only a hobby but I'm obsessed!
This is the place to be if you want to see what another brewer is up to or want some encouragement to start or diversify. I've posted heaps of recipes (clicky) and 2 wine-making vids (here for wine made from cartons of juice blog / youtube, and here for Blackberry wine on the pulp blog / youtube).
If you're new here then do explore, take this link for tips about where to find what you're interested in.


Saturday 15 May 2010

Kit Decisions

Not content with deciding upon scaling up, I made another decision. My country wines are all going to be whites or rosés, I'm not going to try making reds. I'm not sure I have the patience for Elderberry wine, aging for 2 years+. Blackberry and Blackberry & Elderberry wines are delicious, but in my opinion they are more like a robust or big rosé than a red.

However I do like red wine, and I want to brew it. So I decided that I will continue to make Red Wine Kits. Today I picked up a Beaverdale Vieux Chateau Du Roi. Only a gallon as I can't afford more. This is widely and reliably reported to be the closest thing you'll get to Chateau Neuf Du Pape but in a kit. So I'll do the patience bit for this wine, a year should be good enough tho if my patience can hold out for longer then I'm sure it'll be rewarded. At £2/bottle it feels like a steal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Counters
Lamps Plus Lighting