I like to brew wine; It's only a hobby but I'm obsessed!
This is the place to be if you want to see what another brewer is up to or want some encouragement to start or diversify. I've posted heaps of recipes (clicky) and 2 wine-making vids (here for wine made from cartons of juice blog / youtube, and here for Blackberry wine on the pulp blog / youtube).
If you're new here then do explore, take this link for tips about where to find what you're interested in.


Monday 9 August 2010

Blackberry Wine

Today I went blackberry picking. In our favourite spot by the river, cul-de-sac so very little traffic. Forgot to take any piccies (sorry). Anyway I got 3.5 kg of berries in 2.5 hours, and despite being careful also got a number of nettle stings. So that's enough berries for 2 gallons of wine.

There were still heaps of berries left that hadn't ripened yet, so I'll be back there soon. Not sure whether to do a mixed blackberry & elderberry with them, or do another straight blackberry but vary the yeast only to learn a little something.

While picking I found this bush with berries/currants on it. Anyone know what it is?



I'm pretty sure it's not blueberry, the leaves come off the branches opposite each other (not staggered). Didn't check for sap or the smell of crushed leaves. The berries themselves were full of juice/pulp - green/yellow - and seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Counters
Lamps Plus Lighting