I like to brew wine; It's only a hobby but I'm obsessed!
This is the place to be if you want to see what another brewer is up to or want some encouragement to start or diversify. I've posted heaps of recipes (clicky) and 2 wine-making vids (here for wine made from cartons of juice blog / youtube, and here for Blackberry wine on the pulp blog / youtube).
If you're new here then do explore, take this link for tips about where to find what you're interested in.


Thursday 19 August 2010

New Toy

Mrs Critter Wines bought me a gift. A cool bottle stopper, which is in use only a few hours since being passed to me. It's very dense and makes a seal, with the rubber 'O' ring due to its weight, simply by dropping it into an open bottle neck. Very elegant. Check it out ...

 

by the way the top is a carving of a gum nut. When I first saw it I wondered what the heck it was for cos it looked kind of useful ... pointed on one side, hollow at the other. But it's "just" a pretty thing from Australia, hence it has an Aussie connection. Gum nut wine anyone?

2 comments:

  1. Gum nut wine you pose, ay? I can try that. warm wishes Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe, very adventurous, tho i have no idea if they are edible so better do some googling first!

    ReplyDelete

 

Counters
Lamps Plus Lighting