I like to brew wine; It's only a hobby but I'm obsessed!
This is the place to be if you want to see what another brewer is up to or want some encouragement to start or diversify. I've posted heaps of recipes (clicky) and 2 wine-making vids (here for wine made from cartons of juice blog / youtube, and here for Blackberry wine on the pulp blog / youtube).
If you're new here then do explore, take this link for tips about where to find what you're interested in.


Wednesday 25 August 2010

Bottling

In the never-ending struggle to free up Demi-Johns tonight I bottled 2 lots of wine. Which means I now have 4 empty DJ's (out of 30). Tomorrow I'll fill 3 of them up with the 2nd batch of this years blackberry wine. That'll leave one for racking purposes.

Anyway tonight I bottled Green Tea & Ginger Wine, and also the last of the blackberry wine that I made with foraged berries last year. The latter was fermented using GV2 yeast, a recommendation from a forum. And here is your piccie of the bottles, tomorrow the shrink necks go on and they get laid down. ('scuse the unpolished bottles).



Some months ago this was very acidic and a bit harsh. Perhaps not surprising as Blackberries are high in malic acid and GV2 isn't an acid reducing yeast (as far as I know anyway). Tonight it's a bit better, but not much. Apart from that its just fine, so its a case of carefully selecting what we drink it with I guess. Here's the recipe

The Green Tea & Ginger is the same great winner that we know and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Counters
Lamps Plus Lighting