I like to brew wine; It's only a hobby but I'm obsessed!
This is the place to be if you want to see what another brewer is up to or want some encouragement to start or diversify. I've posted heaps of recipes (clicky) and 2 wine-making vids (here for wine made from cartons of juice blog / youtube, and here for Blackberry wine on the pulp blog / youtube).
If you're new here then do explore, take this link for tips about where to find what you're interested in.


Wednesday 18 August 2010

More Tales of Blackberries

Tuesday afternoon I clambered onto the shed roof in the garden... for this is where the lovingly tended blackberry hangs out. And I took a picture for you all.



Nice thorns too eh! After a little time I picked about 500g of these yummy, juicy, big berries (lots of rain recently has plumped them right up). So my total haul for this year's second batch of blackberry wine is 4.9 kg. Should be enough for 3 gallons of wine. Together with the 2 gallons started last week thats not bad. Haven't frozen any blackberries this year, so I'm not sure if I'll be making a repeat of last years Blackberry & Elderberry. But if the weather and the available time works out then who knows, it may still happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Counters
Lamps Plus Lighting